Did you know that oral cancer affects over 40,000 new Americans every year? With such a high prevalence of the disease, you should check your mouth every day for any signs or symptoms. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, you should contact your dentist right away. Even if you don’t have cancer, your symptoms still need to be evaluated.
You should contact your dentist if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
– Trouble speaking, eating, and chewing.
– A lump in your throat that will not go away, or a sore throat that doesn’t get better.
– Numbness in your mouth or face.
– A wound or sore in your mouth or on your face that does not heal after two weeks.
– Irregular bumps, lumps, colored patches, rough spots, or unexplained swelling in your mouth.
– Difficulty fully opening your mouth.
– Unusual or unexplained bleeding from your mouth, head face, or neck areas.
To learn more about these symptoms and oral cancer screenings, contact Pell City Dental Center PC at 205-473-0044. Come visit Dr. Scott Barnett and the team at our office in Pell City, Alabama. We would be glad to take care of any oral health care needs you may have.